United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Equipment Application Engineer (Entry Level)
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Equipment Applicaiton Engineer is an entry/early career level position that will support Henkel Sales Specialists throughout the country.
- Specify manufacturing processes / control equipment, provide troubleshooting / failure analysis, onsite support, as well as aid in the design and development of equipment systems, and redesign existing equipment to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Research, collect, and report on the proper selection of surface treatment products (Henkel Products), based upon manufacturing specifications, end use requirements, and existing equipment constraints.
- Serve as a technical liaison with customers, sales, project management, marketing, manufacturing, and Product Development.
- Provides technical training and engineering support to close business, identify new product development opportunities, trouble shoot, and write engineering reports.
- Position will require 20+% travel with Sales Specialists to develop first-hand understanding of market and customer needs, and field support of equipment.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar is required.
- Previous engineering experience or internship in an industrial environment is desired.
- Experience in equipment design, manufacturing, statistical analysis, and project management, and AutoCAD desired.
- Required competencies include technical aptitude, equipment knowledge, laboratory skills, understanding technology offerings, leadership and teamwork, customer relations, and communication (both written and oral).
- Experience in industrial control equipment, chemistry, and experience with manufacturing processes desired.
Preferred experience with Rockwell (Allen-Bradley) PLC / HMI programming, and Wonderware InTouch programming.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular