At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
This Sr HR Manager role will be based at our Salisbury, NC manufacturing facility but will also provide support for our Richmond, VA manufacturing site as well as provide leadership to the HR Business Partner for our Salisbury, SC, Greenville, SC and Memphis, TN manufacturing facilities. The successful candidate will provide leadership in the areas of recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, employee development, training, AAP/EEO and special projects. This role will serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the Plant leadership teams and assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings. This role reports to the Director of HR for our Adhesives Operations and Supply Chain NA team.
- Identifies and implements effective strategies regarding human resources issues that affect the efficient operations of the company.
- Directs and participates in employee relations functions such as dispute resolution, discipline, communications, reward practices, etc., ensuring positive morale. Leads the organization in the definition of policies and practices that affect employee work and employee work relationships.
- Directs and participates in the recruiting for and selection of domestic and international candidates to fill vacant employment opportunities. Ensures the quality of personnel hired, the effectiveness of recruiting and selection techniques, and compliance with legislated requirements, such as EEO law.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; assists with job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual compensation review/analysis; monitors performance evaluation program. Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensures compliance with legislated requirements and timely governmental reporting.
- Represents the company and its interests at various professional, industrial and community associations.
- Keeps current with respect to general management and human resources issues .Defines practice changes and recommends action by the Management Leadership Team to incorporate into business plan.
- Develops, recommends and implements human resources policies and procedures. Reviews policies and procedures to main compliance with changing federal state and federal laws and human resources practices.
- Manage Temporary Employee requirements via a 3rd party vendor.
- Work with local management to promote and achieve high employee participation in internal/external Health and Wellness activities.
- Support the administration of Worker’s Compensation and partner with SHE to coordinate strong and successful workplace safety program.
- Provide leadership/guidance in developing HRBP to ensure best-in-class HR support.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required and manage one direct report.